Versatility & Power
Already a reference for 50 hp engines, the BF50 and BF40 have been enhanced at multiple levels thanks to Honda’s PGM-IG technology, an advanced electronic ignition system that optimises timing, for better speed, comfort and exhaust.
Powerful yet smooth and compact
The BF50 and BF40 feature three in line cylinders that reduce the overall engine weight. PGM-IG’s improved ignition timing helps eliminate knocking, making it easier to haul heavy loads. What’s more, the BF50 is the lightest 50 hp 4 stroke engine on the market. So you can get maximum performance every time you open the throttle!
Much more than just fair weather friends
The fish are still in force during cold weather. Shouldn’t your engine be? Fortunately, these engines are fitted with electric starters, electronic ignition and timing to get you running instantly every time and in any weather.
Operating the engine is easier than ever. The automatic choke system provides the optimum air/fuel ratio without having to choke the engine. An extra long tiller handle with easily accessible operating functions gives you a greater level of control and comfort.
• Cross-flow hemispherical combustion chamber
• Electronic ignition, providing precision, efficiency and savings
• Electric starter for easy and effortless starting
• RCD compliant
• Gas assisted tilt or power trim and tilt versions available
• Auto-start enrichment system with no choke command required
• Oil pressure indicator light
• Overheat/over rev alert systems
• 10 amp charging coils